Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info

How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 13 years, 8 months ago #425

• bhupendra
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, I want to remove joomla copyright info from footer of mobile joomla.

It always shows this:-
Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.
Mobile version by Mobile Joomla!

I want my college's info instead of this.How I can do this?Is it allowed?

How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 13 years, 8 months ago #1961

• bhupendra
  • Fresh Boarder
I have discovered how to do this.
Open in file manager <your joomla installation dir>/administrator/components/com_mobilejoomla/markup
Then modify line no.74 of chtml.php, line no. of 60 of iphone.php, line no. 99 of wml.php & line no. 145 of xhtml.php by removing
<?php echo JText::_('Mobile version by');?> <a href="http://www.mobilejoomla.com/">Mobile Joomla!</a>
Then open <your joomla installation dir>/libraries/joomla/version.php.Modify line no. 43 to
var $URL     = '';
this.

This will remove joomla and mobile joomla info.It applies to version 0.9.6 of mobile joomla.Although I am concerned about is it allowed/legal or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skorpland, beautyartists, viktor93, alexwebdeveloper

How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 13 years, 8 months ago #1983

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
bhupendra, just set "Show Joomla! footer: No" in MJ settings (in each of template tabs).
The following user(s) said Thank You: ekpott, jimbob69, faulk511

SOLVED: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright 12 years, 1 month ago #7742

• davesage
  • Junior Boarder
Update: found it - it was in the ad remover plugin - didn't think of looking there, but this removes the footer copyright as well as the ads. Great.

Hi,

I hope you can help me, I'm a noob to Mobile Joomla with J2.5 and Mobile Joomla 1.0.1

I want to remove this footer text as well, where is the 'Show Joomla! footer: No' setting in this version, I've looked in the component settings and the modules but can't find it?

Thanks for your time,

Dave
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by davesage.

Re: SOLVED: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright 12 years, 1 month ago #7751

• dryabov
  • Administrator
Yes, in versions prior to 1.0 there was a setting "Show Joomla! footer" in MJ settings page, but starting from 1.0.1 it has been moved to Ad Remover plugin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ekpott

Re: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 11 years, 10 months ago #9714

Is this information still current for 1.0.3.1?

I can't find the plug-in in my plugins manager.
Last Edit: 11 years, 10 months ago by mediart2012.

Re: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 11 years, 2 months ago #13728

• Aiden
  • Fresh Boarder
It is possible to delete it in 1.2version? Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License.

Re: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 11 years, 2 months ago #13729

• dryabov
  • Administrator

Re: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 11 years, 2 months ago #13749

A more elegant solution would be to set a Language overrides in Joomla's language manager plugin:

Set the default constant (i had to grep the footer text to find this)
COM_MJ__MOBILE_VERSION_BY

And give it some replacement text:
"my new footer blah blah blah copyright 2013"

Much better than hacking templates in the Mobile Joomla core.

Re: How to remove footer text containing joomla copyright info 11 years ago #14302

Does the "Remove Support Ads" module just remove the ads, or does it also remove the Joomla and Mobile Joomla copyright footers? What I want to get rid of is the following:
"Joomla is Free Software and released under the GNU General Public License. Mobile version by Mobile Joomla!"
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.