Username Password: Remember me

Manual upgrade instructions?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Manual upgrade instructions?

Manual upgrade instructions? 10 years, 10 months ago #15101

• jgold723
  • Fresh Boarder
Can someone point me to manual upgrade instructions?

I have version 1.0.3.1 on a 1.5.26 install. I tried the automatic upgrade and it failed with a message to download and install manually. But I'm not sure about how to do the manual install -- do I uninstall the current component and install the new? Or just install the new over the old?

Thanks,

John

Re: Manual upgrade instructions? 10 years, 10 months ago #15104

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
The recommended way is to install new version over old one to keep all MJ's settings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jgold723

Re: Manual upgrade instructions? 10 years, 9 months ago #15401

• Werno
  • Fresh Boarder
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to download the update.  I am a Pro licensed user and the automatic update fails as well..  Can you please post a link to the current update.  Thanks.

Don

Re: Manual upgrade instructions? 10 years, 9 months ago #15413

Me neither. I'm a Pro user. The only download I can find is the free one and I'm concerned that I'll undo the Pro features if I upgrade with the free one.

As far a manual module updates go in Joomla, you might have the same issue as me. For security reasons, we disabled the server's ability to execute downloads. To do updates, I usually ftp the installer to the server, extract to a new directory (I call mine updates...). Then, you can run the module update by choosing install/uninstall from the Extensions menu option in Joomla, then choose the folder location of the extracted installation files.

Re: Manual upgrade instructions? 10 years, 9 months ago #15414

• dryabov
  • Administrator
  • Denis Ryabov, Lead Developer
Please, ask MJPro-related questions in corresponding section of the forum: www.mobilejoomla.com/forum/23-mobile-joomla-pro.html

As to updates, you can download latest version of MJPro on its page: www.mobilejoomla.com/extension/pro/mobile-joomla-pro.html
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.