Username Password: Remember me

Changing homescreen bookmark icon for iPhone/iPad
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Changing homescreen bookmark icon for iPhone/iPad

Changing homescreen bookmark icon for iPhone/iPad 11 years ago #14171

• owanvik
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, im trying to change the icon for homescreen bookmark on iPhone and iPad. I have replaced the apple-touch-icon.png with my own, but it seems to get overwritten by the mobile joomla icon. i use the iphone template for bolth iphone and ipad.

The destination of the file i have changed is a bit special since im building a new site under my old site. So the destination is /www/ny/templates/mobile_iphone/apple-touch-icon.png.

I have also added apple-touch-icon-precomposed.png and tried multiple image sizes. 

And YES i have Mobile Joomla Pro

Help anyone?
Last Edit: 11 years ago by owanvik.

Re: Changing homescreen bookmark icon for iPhone/iPad 10 years, 12 months ago #14261

• jasonladue
  • Fresh Boarder
I have done this on a couple of my clients' websites. Are you using the Mobile Elegance template? If so, then you need to replace files in the Mobile Elegance folder, not the mobile_iphone folder. There are actually 2 icon files, a small one for non-retina and a large one for devices with the retina display. touch-icon-57x57.png and touch-icon-114x114.png. Additionally, if you are really motivated, I believe the file "touch-startup-image-320x460.png" is the startup screen displayed when you open the webapp.

I hope this information helps you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: btonetti@demandworks.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds

By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you have disabled them. This site will not function correctly without cookies.

I accept cookies from this site.